in

40 More Bodies Recovered From Bokkos Attack, Death Toll Rises To 50

TOPSHOT - Mourners attend the funeral of 43 farm workers in Zabarmari, about 20km from Maiduguri, Nigeria, on November 29, 2020 after they were killed by Boko Haram fighters in rice fields near the village of Koshobe on November 28, 2020. - The assailants tied up the agricultural workers and slit their throats in the village of Koshobe. The victims were labourers from Sokoto state in northwest Nigeria, roughly 1,000 kilometres (600 miles) away, who had travelled to the northeast to find work. (Photo by Audu Marte / AFP) (Photo by AUDU MARTE/AFP via Getty Images)

The death toll from the deadly attack in Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State has risen to 50, following the recovery of 40 more bodies on Wednesday and Thursday night....CONTINUE READING THE ARTICLE FROM THE SOURCE>>>

Initial press statement signed by Farmasum Fuddang, chairman Bokkos Cultural Development Council (BCDC) Vanguard and nine others indicated that 10 individuals had been killed during the attack on April 2, 2025.

According to the group, the 10 people were killed in a coordinated attack across several communities, including Mangor Tamiso, Daffo, Manguna, Hurti, and Tadai.

However, the group chairman confirmed to BusinessDay in a telephone interview on Friday morning in Jos that additional bodies were found, escalating the tragedy to an even greater scale.

“We released the statement of the killing of the 10 people in the morning of Wednesday, from that morning we recovered 40 more bodies. We even buried them around 7pm on Thursday using torch light. It was the community that discovered the bodies of their love ones”; the BCDC chairman told BusinessDay.

BusinessDay reports that the Bokkos attack, which took place earlier this week, has shocked the local community.

The violence, which appears to have been carried out by unknown assailants, has left the residents of Bokkos in mourning and fear.

Meanwhile troops of Operation SAFE HAVEN (OPSH) said they have successfully foiled attacks by armed militia groups on several communities in Bokkos Local Government Area (LGA) of Plateau State on Wednesday.

In a statement by Samson Zakhom, the spokesperson of OPSH said the militants targeted Tamiso, Daffo, Manguna, Taddai, and Hurti but were overwhelmed by the troops, who forced them to abandon key items, including an AK-47 rifle and six motorcycles.

He said traces of blood were found along the attackers’ retreat route, indicating potential casualties among the criminals.

“On 3 April 2025, further clearance operations were carried out at Hurti, where troops encountered and engaged militants hiding in the mountainous region. The ensuing confrontation resulted in the recovery of a locally fabricated pistol, six rounds of 9mm ammunition, and four motorcycles. The troops are continuing efforts to neutralize the remaining militants still at large in the area.

“In a separate operation the same day, troops of Forward Operating Base (FOB) Gashish conducted a search at a hideout in Barkin Ladi LGA, recovering a fabricated revolver rifle, 7.62mm ammunition, and a significant sum of cash, although the suspects managed to escape.

“Additionally, in Wase LGA, troops in collaboration with local vigilantes neutralized one bandit and recovered an AK-47 magazine and a motorcycle during an operation targeting bandits along Kampani Zurak road. Operations will continue as part of the ongoing efforts to safeguard communities in Plateau State…CONTINUE READING>>

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

I’ll Sign Your Condolence Registers, Wike Tells Those Wishing Him Dead

BREAKING: Gunmen Hijack Fully Loaded Bus, Kill Driver, Kidnap Passengers In Otukpo, Benue