Breaking News

JAMB Releases Additional 36,540 UTME Results

JAMB Releases Additional 36,540 UTME Results...Continue The Full Reading.

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released additional 36,540 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results, which were earlier withheld for further investigation.

According to a statement released late Tuesday by JAMB Spokesperson, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, the result were in addition to the 531 results released the previous week, now bringing the total results released to 1,879,437.

In another development, the attention of the Board was drawn to a fictitious letter concocted by a fraudster and circulated on social media purporting to emanate from the Board, stating that the outstanding 2024 UTME results, currently being subjected to intense scrutiny by its team of experts, had been compromised on account of a cybersecurity breach and that it is considering rescheduling the examination.

It said, “This is far from the truth as the said letter did not emanate from the Board. In fact, a closer look at the letter, which was not signed by any person, lacked every ingredient of a letter from the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board.

“The letter is, therefore, from those, who wish to destroy the integrity of the Board, by compromising its unassailable operational processes to mislead hapless candidates with the sole aim of extorting them.”

The Board reiterated, for the umpteenth time, that the results of its 2024 UTME and other previous years are intact, not in any cloud storage and can, therefore, not be hacked by anybody.

 

“It is to be recalled that at the release of the 2024 UTME, the Board had announced that some results had been withheld as they were being subjected to further investigation. Out of these, 531 results were released recently.

“Others found to be involved in any examination misconduct are still undergoing investigation as the Board would want to review all the footage of all CCTV cameras placed in all its accredited centres to ascertain the candidate’s culpability or otherwise,” it added.

JAMB further condemned a misleading comments of some functionaries of some private institutions, who are linking the Board with “the prevailing low ‘cut-off marks’ when in practice, it was their institutions that had submitted lower minimum admissible scores marks, even lower than what other institutions had presented.”

For the purpose of clarity, JAMB said the minimum admissible scores are first presented by individual institutions before such are debated to arrive at a benchmark agreed upon by all Heads of Institutions across the country at its annual Policy Meeting on Admissions and which no institution would be allowed to compromise. …Continue The Full Reading.>’.

Leave a Comment

Discover more from UTWEETS

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading