Breaking News

N30 Trn: More Trouble For Emefiele As Senate Discovers How He Approved Billions 13 Times

The Senate is gearing up to summon the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, regarding 13 infractions uncovered during the process of securing the N30 trillion Ways and Means loan under former President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.……CONTINUE READING>>>

During a meeting with officials of the apex bank on Tuesday, the Senate ad hoc committee investigating the disbursement and utilization of the Ways and Means loan disclosed their intention to call on Emefiele to clarify certain details concerning the identified infractions.

Chairman of the Senate committee, Senator Isah Jibrin, (Kogi East), accused Emefiele of unilaterally approving billions of naira across various tranches of the loans without following due process.

“The committee of governors ought to be the signatories to the Ways and Means account but in the document we have here, the governor signed billions of naira in about 13 places,” Senator Jibrin stated.

“We want to know the total figure of the Ways and Means. We want to know the summation of the figure.”

Despite acknowledging the Central Bank’s 70 percent implementation of the Anchors Borrowers Programme, the committee insisted on the completion of the remaining 30 percent.

Chairman of the Senate committee on Ways and Means, Senator Isah Jubrin, emphasized, “Where it is absolutely necessary, we will not hesitate to invite the former CBN governor, Emefiele.”

Leave a Comment

Discover more from UTWEETS

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading